The Every Child Matters Orange Shirt Day T-Shirt features a unique design by Coast Salish artist Simone Diamond. Proceeds from Every Child Matters Orange Shirt Day products will be directed to the Native Northwest Reconciliation Fund to support people and families who continue to be impacted by Residential Schools and intergenerational trauma.
September 30, 2022 marks the second National Day for Truth and Reconciliation in Canada. The day honours the lost children and Survivors of residential schools, their families and communities. Public commemoration of the tragic and painful history and ongoing impacts of residential schools is a vital component of the reconciliation process.
- Unisex sizing, size down for a tighter fit
- Material: 100% pre-shrunk cotton
- Care: Machine wash in warm water and tumble dry at low heat. Do not bleach
Native Northwest products are guided by the following principles:
- 100% of the art featured on Native Northwest products is designed by Indigenous artists
- All artists have provided consent and contractual permission for their art to be featured on Native Northwest products
- Artist names are acknowledged on all product packaging
- Cultural traditions are honoured by acknowledging cultural affiliation on product packaging
- Artists are paid fairly in fees and royalties