Everyone who ventures into the backcountry goes equipped with tips for preventing or treating the injuries and maladies that can arise there. Don’t they? This deck of 48 Knowledge Cards will see that you do, at least. It’s compact enough to go anywhere in a pocket; its Q&A quiz format means that you’ll be entertained while you learn; and its contents deal with most of the nasties that the outback can inflict on a visitor.
Each card poses a question on the front—How might you retrieve a lost companion? Treat frostbite, snakebite, heat stroke? What could you do in a mountain lion encounter?—with a knowledgeable, succinct answer on the back. These cards are the work of a lifelong outdoorsman and river guide. They’re excellent company, at home or on a wilderness trip. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this product supports the Sierra Club’s efforts to preserve and protect the planet.
- With 48 fact-filled cards per package, Knowledge Cards are a great source of condensed information—all in a deck the size of a pack of playing cards.
- Knowledge Cards are like small books—packed full of information and fun
- An easy way to learn
- Use as flash cards, or as a quiz game
- Published with the Sierra Club
- Size: 3.25 x 4 x .75 inches