The Museum of Domestic Design & Architecture is home to one of the UK’s most important collections of Japanese katagami. These are stencils created by hand by skilled Japanese craftsmen and originally used for applying patterns to kimono cloth. Acquired as part of the Silver Studio Collection in the 1890s, the katagami stencils in this calendar represent 12 of these intricate designs that are both fascinating and beautiful. The datepad features previous and next month’s views.
- Size: 12 x 12 inches, opens to 12 x 24 inches
- Printed on FSC-certified paper with soy-based ink
- Spans January-December 2023
- Widely celebrated and nationally recognized holidays and observances
- Moon phases, based on Universal Time
- Information about each work of art shown